Prussian House of Lords

The Prussian House of Lords (German: Preußisches Herrenhaus) in Berlin was the upper house of the Landtag of Prussia (German: Preußischer Landtag), the parliament of Prussia from 1850 to 1918. Together with the lower house, the House of Representatives (Abgeordnetenhaus), it formed the Prussian bicameral legislature. The building is now used as the seat of the German Bundesrat.

Prussian House of Lords

Preußisches Herrenhaus
Courtyard on Leipziger Straße, circa 1900
Type
Type
History
Established31 January 1850
Disbanded15 November 1918
Preceded by
Succeeded byPrussian State Council

Share this article:

This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Prussian House of Lords, and is written by contributors. Text is available under a CC BY-SA 4.0 International License; additional terms may apply. Images, videos and audio are available under their respective licenses.