Chief creative officer
A chief creative officer (CCO) is the highest ranking position of the creative team within a company. Depending on the type of company, this position may be responsible for the overall look and feel of marketing, media, and branding associated with the organization. The CCO may also be charged with managing, developing, and leading the team of creative directors, art directors, designers, and copywriters.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021)
The CCO directs a company's creative output, developing the artistic design strategy that defines the company's brand. The CCO creates the unique image of the firm and deliver this distinctive design to consumers and to create a clear brand image which is a fundamental and essential work throughout the company. Advertisements present a certain memorable artistic design while also structured to accomplish functional goals. The CCO ensures that the design and functionality combine harmoniously so the firm can present a product that successfully represents its creative brand.
Notable chief creative officers
- Riccardo Tisci of Burberry
- Raf Simons of Calvin Klein
- Jennifer Lee of Walt Disney Animation Studios
- Kevin Feige of Marvel Entertainment
- Pete Docter of Pixar
- Matthew Mercer of Critical Role
- Jessica Alba of The Honest Company
- Burnie Burns of Rooster Teeth Productions
- Nick Cannon of Radio Shack
- Hugh Hefner of Playboy Enterprises
- Alan Horn of Walt Disney Studios
- Jim Lee of DC Entertainment
- will.i.am of 3D Systems
- Sarah Michelle Gellar of Foodstirs
- Wong Cho-lam of TVB
- Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa of Archie Comics
- Jens Peder Bergensten of Mojang Studios (developer of Minecraft)
- Clive Davis of Sony Music Entertainment
- Paul "Triple H" Levesque of WWE
- Seth MacFarlane of Fuzzy Door Productions
- Tony Khan of All Elite Wrestling
- Written By: Terry Masters, Edited By: Allegra J. Lingo "What Does a Chief Creative Officer Do", 14 October 2014, Retrieved on 30 October 2014
- Burberry appoints Riccardo Tisci as Chief Creative Officer Archived 2018-11-23 at the Wayback Machine. Burberry. 1 March 2018
- Your Creative Director Cheat Sheet for the Fall 2018 Shows. FASHIONISTA. 6 February 2018
- "Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios Name Chief Creative Officers - The Walt Disney Company". The Walt Disney Company. 19 June 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (2019-10-15). "Kevin Feige Named Chief Creative Officer of Marvel". Variety. Retrieved 2021-01-11.
- "NEW Webby Gallery + Index".
- "Jessica Alba’s Honest Beauty to Launch in Ulta"
- "Burnie Burns"
- "Nick Cannon Joins RadioShack As Chief Creative Officer". PR Newswire. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "Hugh Hefner Biography"
- Donnelly, Matt (May 1, 2019). "Disney Promotes Alan Bergman to Studio Co-Chairman as Alan Horn Adds Chief Creative Officer Role". Variety. Retrieved May 12, 2019.
- "Geoff Johns"
- "3D Systems Appoints will.i.am as Its Chief Creative Officer". 3D Systems. 8 January 2014. Retrieved 12 April 2016.
- "United States of Women, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Chief Creative Officer". Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- "Sarah Michelle Gellar's Foodstirs Becomes First Glyphosate Residue Free Certified Baking Mix Company". 17 September 2018. Retrieved 7 September 2020.
- "It's outdated and not funny, Hong Kong viewers tell TVB, after new variety show triggers controversy". South China Morning Post. 2021-04-19. Retrieved 2022-04-09.
- Gustines, George Gene (March 2, 2014). "Archie Comic Picks Film and TV Writer for Top Creative Post". The New York Times. Retrieved April 5, 2014.
- Nagy, Evie (April 8, 2014). "How Archie Comics' New Chief Creative Officer Is Reimagining Riverdale". Fast Company. Archived from the original on August 21, 2016. Retrieved November 6, 2014.
- "Mojang: Bringing Minecraft To Smash Is The Result Of An "Amazing Collaboration" With Nintendo". Nintendo Life. 2020-10-02. Retrieved 2022-05-27.